There is a prevalent saying, "Atithi Devo Bhava," which means guests are equal to God. The people of India sincerely follow this and take good care of their guests. For a comfortable and pleasant stay of the guests, the family even decorates the guest room. It is often felt that guests are loved by the family when coming for a short span; on the contrary, when the holiday is longer than expected, guests become demanding and seem like a burden for the family. Vastu Shastra provides a few guidelines for the particular guest room happy and their stay short. Since no family likes to be bothered by guests for a long time, Vastu Shastra comes as a savior for them.
Vastu tips for Guest Room
From ancient times, rulers have used Vastu for the establishment of kingdoms as it brings happiness and luck in their lives. Vastu is known to strengthen the bond, bring harmony in relationships, and protect the family from vile eyes. When the whole house is built according to the rules given in Vastu Shastra, how can the guest room stay back? A proper Vastu arranged guest room could avoid any negative vibes and fill the area with optimistic energy. Here are some tips that are in Vastu Shastra for the Guest Room:
1. Direction for the Guest Room: Vastu Shastra provides appropriate directions for every room. The ideal location to make a guest room is the north-west direction of the house.
2. Placing the bed: The bed in the guest room should be kept in the Southwest part of the room. It is to be noted that while sleeping, the head of the person should face the south.
3. Placing the Electronic Items: Nowadays, electronic items are present in all the rooms. Items like television, a computer, a mini-fridge, or hairdressing equipment to use. Keeping electronic things in the right place makes a person wise and practical. It also brings harmony to a person's life. But, keeping them in an incorrect place can cause anxiety, stress, and other diseases. Vastu Shastra advises placing all the electronic items in the southeast direction of the room.
4. Position of the Bathroom: Since there are attached bathrooms in the modern houses, Vastu Shastra advises to keep the bathroom door away from the bed. The entrance of the toilet must not be directly opposite to the ground. It is considered very filthy and unhygienic to have a door to the bathroom precisely opposite or in front of the bed. Also, make sure that the toilet's door is always closed as it keeps the negative energy away from the area. The bathroom attracts negativity; that's why the doors should be closed.
5. Position of the Cabinet: No room can be made without a cabinet in it. It is required to keep things correctly and in place. The perfect position for fixing the cabinet is on the south or west or south-west wall. The Northwest corner is right for the guestroom entrance, and having a cabinet in the opposite direction seems comfortable and gives a unique and clean look to the room.
6. Lighting of the Guest Room: It is essential to choose the right lights for the room, representing a person's taste and nature. Using bright and beautiful lights in the house, especially in the guest room, looks vibrant and comfortable for the guests to stay. Using beaming lights is harmful to the eyes and causes difficulties in seeing.
7. Colours of the Guest Room: Every room has its reason and style. The best colour choices are light shades of blue, green, and white for a guest room. These colours are known for their tranquility and provide calm to the body and vision. Using dark colours makes the area look darker and attracts evil eyes, whereas light colours are good and positive, which keeps the atmosphere loving and encouraging. Thus light coloured guest rooms are the most suitable.
8. Wall decors: Hanging attractive paintings on the wall and placing a vase in the room are considered charming and make the room appealing. Vastu Shastra says to hand beautiful images and pictures of flowers, valleys, mountains, flying birds are considered highly auspicious for the room. If people like hanging wind chimes in the guest bedroom window, the ideal position is to the west or north-west window. This will enhance the wind's movement in the room, and the pleasing sound of wind chime helps keep the stress away and bring peace to mind.
To conclude, every family comes with many relations. There are many relatives from the paternal and maternal side and having guests in the room is exciting. It is so much fun when all the members and relatives come together, eat together, play games and enjoy together. Having guests for a long time can become a headache, thus having a good time with guests and making their stay short and comfortable, using the above tips and observing the magic.
For any specific guidance on vastu, you can take: