Childlessness reasons and solutions
“There is a unique PAIN that comes from preparing a place in your HEART for a child that never comes”—David Platt
Looking at the present day scenario I feel that Childlessness must be distinguished from ‘Child-freeness’. The term Childlessness conveys inability of a married couple to give birth to children. But a new trend among young couples is observed, where they do not want children or keep postponing the time for having children. While there may be medical reasons for childlessness, the desire to keep postponing the child is because they give more priority to career or may be physical appearance sometimes. Anyways , here we talk only about the inability reasons causing Childlessness.
At the outset, let us understand why we need a child? We need a child to carry our generation ahead & also because it is a natural process occurring out of a bond between a male & female. Also the issue of childlessness or failed progeny is a permanent nagger as it leads to depression, mental sickness, unhealthy relationships and loss of honor in the society. It is more prudent in case of a female (especially) in India where the blot of "barren" is pasted on her forehead.
Now, let us explain about this issue of childlessness or failed progeny from an astrological point of view. This issue related to childlessness needs analysis of the horoscope of both husband & wife, the naturally legitimate two persons to produce a child. Studies show that the best time for a woman to get pregnant is between late 20s and early 30s. The chances of getting pregnant keep on reducing gradually as the age increases. There are specific reasons in astrology for this problem.
Astrological reasons for Childlessness
Here we will look at the houses and planets related to child birth. Here we elaborate regarding various houses, planets and indications of this problem. These could be either in the horoscope of the wife or the husband. Sometimes, past life karmas also become reasons of this Childlessness. But then all such things get highlighted when a comprehensive analysis is done for this problem.
- The Houses indicating Childlessness
1. Three main houses are related and these are 2nd, 5th and 11th house in a birth chart. The 2nd house is the house of the family. This house is considered as a child's birth will be an addition of a member of the family. The 5th house is the main house of children and the 11th is the house of wishes, desires and their fulfilment.
2. In Vedic Astrology the 12th house to any house is considered as the loss of significations of that house. For example the 4th house is 12th to the 5th house so placement of the 5th lord in the 4th house can result in loss of children or childlessness. Similarly consider the ascendant (12th to the 2nd house) and the 10th house (12th to the 11th house of fulfilment)
3. We also analyse the divisional charts such as the Navmansha (D/9) and Saptmansha (D/7) and the Moon chart
- General Indications of Childlessness
1. Afflictions of the main house of children viz. the 5th house and or its lord may prevent one from being blessed with a child
2. Afflictions of these houses 2nd, 5th and 11th can cause childlessness
3. The Karaka (significator) of children viz. Jupiter under afflictions due to Saturn or Rahu can cause childlessness.
4. Malefic planets like Rahu and Ketu having association with the 5th and 11th houses through placement, conjunction, aspects or nakshatras can cause childlessness. Saturn if associated with the 5th and 11th generally only delays childbirth.
5. Only malefic Mars in a chart can cause childlessness through involuntary abortions etc. But Mars is not always malefic and a favourable Mars can give a male child.
6. Association of malefic Ketu with the Ascendant, 5th and 11th houses can give desire for ‘Child-freeness’ resulting in postponement of childbirth till late in life when it may become medically difficult for a woman to get pregnant.
7. Conjunction of Jupiter and Rahu in the 5th house can cause childlessness but if these fall in the Nakshatras of favourable planets then this conjunction may not cause childlessness.
8. The 5th house in the birth chart falling in the Aries, Gemini, Leo or Virgo signs under heavy afflictions can cause childlessness
9. Placement of the Moon in the barren sign of Gemini and falling in the Ardra Nakshatra of Rahu can cause childlessness.
10. Venus falling in the Moola Nakshatra of Ketu can cause childlessness
11. Jupiter as lord of the 6th house and falling in the Nakshatra of Mars and placed in the 4th house can cause childlessness
12. If in a birth chart the Moon occupies the 5th house and Saturn and Ketu both are in the Nakshatra of the Moon then there can be obstacles or involuntary abortions.
13. Link of the houses 6th, 8th or 12th and Ketu with the 5th house or its lord can result in miscarriage.
14. Malefic conjunction or aspect of Ketu can cause involuntary abortions, resulting in childlessness
15. Jupiter alone occupying the 5th house in the birth charts of both viz. husband and wife can give childlessness.
- Some Yogas of Childlessness
(1) If in the birth chart the lord of the 5th house occupying the 6th house and the ascendant lord is conjunct Mars then childlessness is indicated
(2) The 5th lord placed in any of the Dusthanas viz. the 6th, 8th or the 12th house then Putra-dosha malefic Yoga is formed preventing child birth
(3) If Jupiter and the 5th house fall in Paap-kartari (malefic sandwich) in both the birth chart as well as in the Moon chart then this malefic Yoga results in childlessness.
(4) If in a female’s chart the longitude resulting from addition of the longitudes of Jupiter, Moon and Mars fall in an even sign and odd Navmansha or odd sign and even navmansha then there may be a child birth but with great difficulties
(5) If in a male’s chart the longitude resulting from the addition of the longitudes of Jupiter, Venus and the Sun falls in an odd sign and even navmansha or vice-versa then there may be a child birth, but with great efforts.
Solutions & remedies for Childlessness
Once we get the birth charts of both the parents analysed, we can ascertain the actual reasons. Then may be some precautions with some vedic remedies can be performed to overcome this issue. The ‘PanchamBhav' or 5th house of the horoscope tells about the possibility of conception. If the ‘PanchamBhav' shows a negative indication, then the Vedic astrologer will recommend the rituals that are to be performed to correct this problem. First off, he assesses the ‘Lagna' and ‘Lagnesh' of both husband and wife and suggests a workaround to overcome the problem.Sometimes, when the ‘Kundlis' are examined, the husband's ‘Kundli' might indicate about 80% possibility of a kid while the wife's ‘Kundli' might indicate only about 20% chance or vice versa. In such cases, some remedy has to be figured out to enhance the capability of the weaker Kundli. After strictly following the advice, eventually, things start favoring the ‘PanchamBhav,' and the couple gets blessed with a baby. But sometimes, even after all the astrological efforts, if the ‘PanchamBhav' is not favoring a natural conception, then he recommends conception by any of the artificial means such as IVF (IN Vitro Fertilization), GIFT (Gamete Intrafallopian Transfer), or ZIFT (Zygote Intrafallopian Transfer). For adopting these artificial means also, it is suggested to take an astrological overview as sometimes predictions of right dates & time for undergoing these means are also significant. At times, after conception through an artificial method, there could be detrimental effects on the family, leading to disillusionment. In such cases, adopting a child is suggested.
- Happiness through progeny
Progeny study in deep is an extension on the subject of Child Birth where one can even come to know the kind of a child one will have. This reflects the overall relationship of the child with parents & vice versa. All want to have a child but then a child who will give you pride.Want to read more about it, click here.