Punarvasu Nakshatra is the 7th out of 27 Nakshatras in Vedic Astrology.
What is Punarvasu Nakshatra?
The name Punarvasu Nakshatra is made up of two words, namely Punar and Vasu. Punar means repetition, return, restoration, replenishing, rejuvenation, or Renewal, whereas Vasu is ‘Vasutya Pawan Shakti’ means good again. This is a Nakshatra of rejuvention.
Vasutya is the inheritance of gems jewelry and wealth. And therefore it can be inferred that the native of Punarvasu Nakshatra has a great ability to attain objectives. As a result, they can gain wealth and substance.
Different meaning of Punarvasu Nakshatra and the themes generating from them:
Vasu also is means ray of light. So Punarvasu means Return of Ray of light. Now why this is called as ‘return of ray of light. This is because this Punarvasu Nakshatra succeeds in the Ardra Nakshatra. Ardra Nakshatra is the devastation because of thundering and storm. Punarvasu is the Nakshatra, which brings life again. The calm and rejuvenation which follow the thunder.
Aditi is its Diety
Punarvasu Nakshatra is the star of Renewal, and the deity associated with is Aditi. Aditi is the mother of earth and is also known as abundance. It is called as the limitless boundaries of the sky. She is also the mother of twelve Aditya or the twelve solar months of the year.
Mythology of Punarvasu Nakshatra
Lord Sriram had his moon and ascendant in the Punarvasu Nakshatra. It had many traits with could be signified to be traits of this Nakshatra.
How to use this mythology?
- People with this Nakshatra is associated with large families or get related to large groups.
- Events that happen in Punarvasu Nakshatra always occur in a pair. In the first attempt, people fall or fail, but in the second attempt, they win. Therefore, this twin aspect is very prominent in this Nakshatra.
- If connected with the seventh lord and seventh house:
Marital discord is also seen in this Nakshatra if this is connected to the seventh Lord. As aresult, it has a strong likely hood of remarriage. A point of understanding is that if the first marriage goes wrong, the second one can flourish.
Other points to understand about this Nakshatra
If the 10th lord is connected to this Nakshatra, then the first job may not give that satisfaction, but the second job would definitely.
Reversal of fortunes, Rags to richness or from richness to rags and coming back. Therefore, it is like the phoenix that comes out of ashes.
Protective ability, gardening, agriculture, taking care of kids, and grandkids.
Punarvasu Nakshatra natives store a reservoir of energy; they have hidden talent.
These people become passive. Until one spends the energy, the abundance of the hidden energy would not come back.
The mythology of Vamana, Aditi, and Mahishasura
The Demi-Gods, the sons of Aditi, were kicked out of their kingdoms by the powerful Asura, the Mahisasura. Aditi went for help to Lord Vishnu. Vishnu Pacified her and promised to help by taking birth from her womb.
And then, Vamana was born to Aditi, who fought and killed the Asura and gave the Demi-gods their kingdom back. This is Punarvasu, i.e. getting back after the devastation.
How to use this analogy:
Those who have a strong influence of Punarvasu Nakshatra, the youngest of their offspring shall be a dark horse and will come to their rescue or shall surprise even.
Symbol of Punarvasu Nakshatra
What are the symbols of this Nakshatra and their co-relation with human life. There are 2 symbols of this Nakshatra & their effects on human life are explained as below:
- The symbol associated with Punarvasu Nakshatra is a bow and a never exhausting quiver of arrows. This bow and never-ending quiver of arrows analogy explains the never-ending energy of the native of this Nakshatra. No matter how much arrows they shoot, the arrows are going to come back into the quiver.
- The other symbol associated with this Punarvasu Nakshatra is abode or house. In a house, one goes to relax or to rejuvenate. Real estate, restaurant, redevelopment, reconstruction, renovating, archaeologist, and hotel business are all associated with this Nakshatra.
- Apart from this, persons having a prominent influence of Punarvasu Nakshatra work from home. Since this is a ‘Chara’ Nakshatra, people can be in a business that is mobile. While traveling, they like to carry their pillow, slippers, etc. that gives them the comfort of their home.
- Punarvasu Nakshatra natives will try to come back to their homes after all the achievements. This is a very beneficial Nakshatra. Therefore, laying foundations, change jobs, or switching careers is helpful in this Nakshatra.
- These Nakshatra natives are a great visionary, astrologer and can be a good writer, especially for Children.
Tree associated with Punarvasu Nakshatra:
The tree associated is a bamboo tree. The bamboo tree has a wonderfully long life. Therefore, an effective remedial measure for longevity is to bring a bamboo in an earthen pot and keep it in the northeastern direction. It also increases the relationship.
Themes of Punarvasu Nakshatra
The main theme of this Nakshatra is innovation, vision & adatability of changes. Let us explain how do these thems have impact on the people of this Nakshatra as below:
Entrepreneurs, Innovators, and Sophisticated and high Technologists.
Have Charismatic vision or is a great visionary.
Hotels, Real estate revival, and Renewal
Ecologists, Preservers, and recyclers.
Climate change and climate restoration
Musicians especially violinist and guitarist.
Some famous personalities born in Punarvasu Nakshatra
Based on the above themes & chartacterstics, many people have become very famous in their times. Some of them are: Shakira, Shinzo Abe, Football legend Pele, Meharishi Ramanna, Indian Cartoonist R K Laxman & likewise.
Activation of Punarvasu Nakshatra as per nadis
As per Nadis, the Punarvasu Nakshatra gets activated at a different point of time in the life span of the individual. So, let us understand those years.
In the 30th years, the house where Punarvasu Nakshatra falls leads to the activation of the 5th and 7th houses.
During the 40th year, this Nakshatra again gets activated.
In the 86th year, it implements itself.
The reader should apply these rules very judiciously to the chart. Also understand that these are the general guidelines as per the Vedic Astrology. Therefore to know the specific impact of the same, it is always suggested to consult any good astrologer.
There are 27 nakshatras in astrology. Click on all nakshatras in astrology to read about similar insights of other 26 nakshatras.