Krittika Nakshatra - Constellation of Fire and Sacrifice
Krittika is the 3rd Nakshatra of the 27 Nakshatras in Vedic Astrology. Krittika Nakshatra is also known as the star of fire. I will explain all about the main traits, characteristics, themes, planets, mythologies & famous personalities of Krittika Nakshatra in the below narration.
अग्निमूर्द्धादिवः ककुत्पतिः पृथिव्या अयं।
What is Krittika Nakshatra?
Krittika is also called as the star of fire because of its connection with Agni. Agni always has two heads and seven tongues.
Agni, The God of Krittika Nakshatra
Agni is the consumer of the sacrifices through fire rituals or Homa. One of the heads is a mortal head; the other head is connected to the heavens. It distributes the sacrifices. It also carries a ladle spoon. Agni has three legs, which shows its presence in all three worlds.
Krittika and Kartikeya
Krittika Nakshatra is also associated with Kartikeya, the Son of Shiva and Parvati. Kartikeya slayed the demon Tarakasura who had the boon that only a six days old boy could slay him. When he was just six days old, Kartikeya had all the qualities to combat and eventually kill the demon Tarakasura. Thus, "Shashthi tithi" is of prime importance and is associated with this Krittika Nakshatra.
The direction of Agni
The direction of Agni is South-East or the direction of the kitchen. Agni in the south is a funeral. In the north direction, it becomes Arti. Krittika is called a Mishra or a mixed Nakshatra. It is a soft as well as a harsh Nakshatra. Fire can also weld things and can even melt things. In the kitchen, it makes the food, but it can also burn it down.
Shakti of Krittika Nakshatra
The Shakti associated with Krittika Nakshatra is ‘Dahana’ Shakti. Dahana is to burn and purify. It is also in the belly to digest the food.
Krittika Nakshatra is formed of seven stars known as six sisters. It is also associated with the six wives (Kritikya) of the seven Rishis. These six mothers have a special significance in raising Kartikeya.
All things associated should be sharp e.g., if the second lord is associated with Krittika Nakshatra, the speech would be blunt and sharp. The profession associated with sharp objects (like surgical items) and those who work with fire.
Planet of Krittika Nakshatra
Planet associated with Krittika Nakshatra is ruled by the Sun. This gives leadership and can also give martial properties. If you provide a complex problem to a Krittika native, he will break it into small chunks and solve it.
Because it is Demonic Varna, it is materialistic, but since it is fire is Bhramin by caste. Krittika Nakshatra Natives are high risk-takers, and more often than not, they get good results (like a mountain goat). Krittika native have a unique ability to crush hypnotism or can quickly overcome people who mesmerize. These native they can subdue poison like nature.
The Mythology of Krittika Nakshatra
Agni and Six Wives of the Saptrishi
Agni somehow became obsessed with the six wives of the seven Rishis. He goes to each one of them to accept him, but all of them reject his proposal. Depressed, disgusted, and ashamed Agni venture out into the forest for severe penance. In the woods, one of the daughters of sage Daksha, Swaha, got fascinated with Agni. But the dejected Agni rejected the proposal of Swaha. Swaha, when came to know the real cause of Agni refusing her proposal, thought of impersonating the six wives of the Rishis. Each time she would impersonate the Rishi wife, Agni would accept her and then would make love to her. Swaha would preserve the vital fluid coming out of such union. Now, seventh time, Swaha failed to impersonate Arundhati, the wife of sage Vashistha, because of the blessing and boon she had from Lord Vishnu. Here, Agni comes to know about the foul play.
So Theme Emerging out of this Mythology
- Adulterous and illicit nature, Sage Varahmira says that these natives tend to sleep with other wives. Such as Agni’s lust for the six wives of the Rishi.
- Rejected and dejected, coming out very strongly with this Nakshatra.
- IVF, sperms, or oval donors, because Swaha takes vital fluids for storage.
2nd Mythology Associated with Krittika Nakshatra
Birth of Kartikeya or Skanda
The six fluids that were accumulated by Swaha were to be given to someone for nurturing. Now, these six wives were abandoned by their husbands as they were accused of the so-called cheating. These six wombs of these mothers were used for the nurturing Kartikeya. The Krittika, Agni, Swaha, and Sara Vana (forest) all came to lay a stake on Kartikeya. Now the theme which emerges out of this mythology is:
- The legal battle for children
- Illegitimate children
3rd Mythology Associated with Krittika Nakshatra
Burning of the Khandva Forest by Agni
Agni consumed the massive Khandava Forest in no time. From this theme, the following things also emerge for Krittika Nakshatra native:
- Monstrous appetite
- Indigestion (if there is a malefic influence over it)
- Acidity (if there is a malefic influence over it)
Themes of Krittika Nakshatra
Summarising the pointed theme of different mythologies, main themes arising out of this Nakshatra are as below. The natives of this Nakshatra tend to have the following themes, habits.
- Illicit bed pleasures
- Sex scandals
- Foster Parenting
- Gastro problems.
- Extramarital affairs.
- Huge eating pattern.
- Improper sexual relationships.
So, this is how the Krittika Nakshatra is applied and is interpreted from a chart.
Krittika Nakshatra Female Characteristics
Krittika Nakshatra females are known for these following traits-
- The Krittika Nakshatra females are very intelligent, positive, straightforward and witty. They don’t lose heart in troublesome circumstances rather face it with bravery. They have creative inclinations and like to be financially independent in terms of career. They mostly go in the education and artistic field.
- They lack patience and are too blunt in life. They need to learn the diplomatic ways to get their things done and be more social.
- They create a perfect balance between work and family responsibilities. They give utmost importance to their family relations and perform all duties with full dedications.
- They hate flattery attitude.
- They are fond of travelling and exploring the world. They possess excellent cooking skills and many of them can be seen working as chefs and restaurant owners. Since its deity is Lord Agni, they have natural inclinations for work involving fire, boilers, chemicals and purification or refining jobs. These may be termed as general krittika Nakshatra career options.
- They share loving relations with their life-partners and have nurturing abilities.
- They are prone to health issues like mental stress, lack of sleep, blood pressure, arthritis and indigestion.
Krittika Nakshatra Male Characteristics
- The Nakshatra falls in the Aries and Taurus zodiac signs. Based on Krittika Nakshatra rashi, the males generally have energetic and charming appearance. They exude confidence through their body language but sometimes may act boastful. T
- The Krittika males are blunt and direct in their words and actions. The nakshaktra has been described as ‘Ayushmat’, which shows longevity, good health and immunity.
- Lord Kartikeya is also related with the Nakshatra and hence the males have traits of a soldier in them depending upon the position of Mars in their charts.
- They are always busy and sometimes overboard with the activities and work.
- They are knowledgeable, entertaining and enthusiastic. They also have inclinations towards spirituality, purification of soul and transformation.
- They are sturdy outside but soft inside and possess nurturing qualities for their loved ones.
- They enjoy full support of the family especially father as the Sun rules the Nakshatra.
- They can handle sharp objects like knife, axe or blades efficiently. Thus, can be seen in the jobs requiring use of these sharp objects like surgery, cutting etc.
Krittika Nakshatra Marriage Compatibility
The best Nakshatra for marriage compatibility with Krittika Nakshatra - Jyeshta Nakshatra
The worst Nakshatra for marriage compatibility with Krittika Nakshatra - Rohini, Uttara Bhadrapada, Swati and Shravana.
Krittika Nakshatra Female Marriage Life
- The Nakshatra is ruled by the Sun. So, krittika Nakshatra characteristics of ego and less forgiveness make it difficult for the female natives of this Nakshatra to enjoy a blissful married life.
- They are nurturing and caring but sometimes are rigid or prefer to live separately from the partner.
- Problems in progeny are commonly seen for the female natives under Krittika Nakshatra.
- If marriage doesn’t happen earlier in life, she gets married in the 37th year of age.
- It is difficult to maintain harmonious relations for long due to judgmental and criticizing attributes in nature.
- They can’t handle subordination or suppression and thus prefers to live a secluded life.
Krittika Nakshatra Male Marriage Life
- The males are lucky to have good spouse and are happy in their married life.
- They are very confident and their partners completely rely on them for important decisions of life. They keep an upper hand in their married relations.
- They get a noble, responsible, devoted and trustworthy life partner.
- Their dominating nature however creates troubles sometimes and their partner may prefer to move away.
- Health issues may also create distances in their married relations.
- They have to face several problems at the career front for their over enthusiasm which may have a direct impact on their marital bliss.
- They may prefer a love marriage over an arrange marriage.
Krittika Nakshatra Pada
Each Nakshatra has 4 pada or quarters. The 4 quarters of Krittika Nakshatra are-
Krittika Nakshatra Pada 1: 26°40′ – 30°00′ in Aries, Sagittarius navamsa-
People are tall, oval face, short ears, high morals, wish to be celebrated, elite, noble spouse, generous, courageous, adventurous, health conscious, body building, self confidence, short tempered
Krittika Nakshatra Pada 2: 30°00′ – 33°20′ in Taurus, Capricorn navamsa-
People are inferior complexion, medium body built, more material than spiritual, fondness to luxuries, slant eyes, innocent during adolescence, quarrelsome spouse, generous, handsome, should not accept charities.
Krittika Nakshatra Pada 3: 33°20′ – 36°40′ in Taurus, Aquarius navamsa-
People are lethargic, head bent posture, talkative, innocent, small nose, lack of funds during youth, straightforward spouse, possibility of second marriage, inimical progeny
Krittika Nakshatra Pada 4: 36°40′ – 40°00′ in Taurus, Pisces navamsa-
People are heavy body built, sensitive, spendthrift son, good spouse, incapability to repay debts.
Krittika Nakshatra Symbol
The symbol of Krittika Nakshatra is a cutter or knife and flame. It indicates the connections of those born under it with surgery, medicines, treatment and other activities involving cutting, peeling and fabricating the utilities. It also relates with fire and the professions like cooking, purification or refining jobs, pottery, glass, acids etc. come under it. Krittika star cluster lies on the hump of celestial ox, while Bharani Nakshatra on its back.
Krittika Nakshatra Strengths
- Extremely attractive
- They have leadership qualities and are highly confident people.
- Self-made success, fame, recognition and wisdom come to them easily.
- They have great passion for life and never feel down in difficult situations of life.
- They have attributes like strong determination, discipline and honesty.
- The Nakshatra is also called senani which puts focus on the qualities like boosting energy, nurturing, foster care and maternal touch.
- Spiritually active and believes in purifying their karmas.
Krittika Nakshatra Weakness
- Lesser forgiveness
- They show friendly nature towards friends only and most of the time they remain less interested in others.
- They are the biggest critics and over judge others.
- They have a straightforward, blunt and transient temper.
- They don’t listen to others or can’t follow their advice.
- They are boastful, nervous and rigid sometimes.
- Arrogance, lack of team spirit and unfit for partnerships.
Some Famous Personalities Born in Krittika Nakshatra
Based on the overall characteristics & themes of this Nakshatra, many people have become wealthy & more importantly famous. To name a few of them are: Barack Obama, Vladimir Putin, Sushmita Sen (Indian beauty crowned as Miss World), Sridevi (Late but popular Indian Bollywood personality), Prince Harry, and so on.
Krittika Nakshatra Specifications
Krittika Nakshatra Lord - Sun
Zodiac signs- Aries (first 2 quarters) and Taurus (last two quarters)
Deity- Agni (lord of fire)
Symbol- Knife or flame
Name initials: A (अ), I (ई), U (उ), and E (ए)
Kritika Nakshatras play a very significant role in Construction, Loan, Betting, and Gambling. It is auspicious for Kritika Nakshatra Natives to buy Kitchen Appliances, Electric items, build an underground basement in the house, and try their hands in the areas related to the share market and betting lottery and gambling.