Ashwini Nakshatra - Signifies Speed And Agility
Ashwini Nakshatra is 1st out of total 27 Nakshatras in Vedic Astrology. It is also known as Ashwini Kumars. All about the basic characteristics, weakness, strengths, traits & famous personalities born in Ashwini Nakshatra separately as below:
अश्विना तेजसा चक्षुः प्राणेन सरस्वती वीर्यम।
वाचेंद्रों बलेनेन्द्राय दधुरिन्द्रियम।।
What is Ashwini Nakshatra
The word Ashwini means horsewoman or born from a female horse. The mother of Ashwini Kumars is Sanjana, and father is Sun but in horse form known as Vivaswat.
Ashwini is also the star of transport. The Chariot of Sun God is pulled by seven horses or the seven colors of the rainbow. Therefore, energy or power is associated with horses and we call it horse-power in literal terms. Ashwini thus relates to speed and agility.
Ashwini Nakshatra is represented by Ashwini Kumars, who are twins known as Nasatya and Dasra . These Ashwini Kumars are golden armored riding on a golden chariot having three seats. In the Vedas, we describe them as riding this golden chariot in the dawn and chasing Usha (the first ray of light).
Ashwini is thought to be as twins because they signify transformation and are the border between dark and light. Which means that coming from darkness to light or to say chasing Usha (first ray of light) from darkness to brightness. Duality is therefore associated with Ashwini Nakshatra. In some text, they are also called as Abdhijan or the one born to Oceans.
They were also the physician to God. They were the first agriculturalist who grew the herbs. Therefore they have the healing energies in them. These twins, Ashwini Kumars, have also learned the secret art of blending the Som Rasa, the nectar of immortality from sage Dhadhichi.
Ashwini Nakshatra Lord
The ruling lord of Ashwini Nakshatra is the planet Ketu.
Mythologies of Ashwini Nakshatra
1. First Mythology of Ashwini Nakshatra
They learned the secret to blending the Som Rasa from sage Dhadhichi. But sage Dhadhichi did not have the authority to share this secret with anyone. So as a result, Lord Indra chopped off the head of sage Dhadhichi. But since Ashwini Kumars also knew the art to bring people back to life, they bought the sage back to life.
How to use this Mythology
The immaculate power of the Ashwini Nakshatra is to heal. Any planet in this Nakshatra shall automatically heal people. In Prashan Shatra, too, if any planet gets associated with this Nakshatra, it is understood that the help to revive the person could come from that side.
2. Second Mythology of Ashwini Nakshatra
The second mythology is that Aswini Kumars gave Chawan Rishi (Sage Chawan) his eyesight back since he had gone blind. He was also given his youth back by the Ashwini Kumars. The Chawan Rishi, in reciprocation, fought for their right to have the Som Rasa, which was necessarily the nectar for the Gods only.
How to use this Mythology
Ashwini prominent natives like to move around with influential people. They have this tendency to remain in the association with influential people, elite people, or the people who are at the top of society.
3. Third Mythology of Ashwini Nakshatra
The third Mythology of this Nakshatra is straight from the Mahabharata. Nakul and Sahdev, the Pandavas, were said to be born through Ashwini Kumars. Because of this, Nakul was a perfect horse tamer, whereas Sahdev was a proficient mathematician and a par excellent astrologer.
How to use all these Three Mythologies together
one can conclude that a native with prominent Ashwini Nakshatra will be good at mathematics, a good astronomer or an astrologer. And this person can have excellent healing capabilities ( even the presence can give a feeling of healing).
Wish of Ashwini Nakshatra
Every Nakshatra has a peculiar wish of its own. The Wish of this Nakshatra is to have the ability to hear the faintest of the sound. This means that those who are prominent Ashwini Nakshatra types have a unique hearing ability. However, if this Nakshatra gets association of some malefic planets, then the person can be deaf, blind, or lame. And this depends on the placement of the planet that may be.
We can compare one of the Ashwins to mercury that is Bhudhi or intellect. In contrast, the other Ashwins can be compared to Venus or Guru Shukracharya, the preceptor or Demons, and he had the Sanjivni Vidya. Astronomically Mercury and Venus can be part of Sun and thus the sons of Sun.
This Nakshatra has a combination of the energies of Mars and Ketu. (Lord of Aries is Ketu). The Purushartha of this Nakshatra is Dharma or they are the beholders of the Dharma.
Characterstics of Ashwini Nakshatra Natives
‘‘सुरूप: सुभगो दक्ष: स्थूलकायो महाधनी अश्विनीसम्भवो लोके जायते जनवल्लभ:’’
When Ashwini Nakshatra influence any planet or sign, it can impact or influence the following domains of life:
Any planet in this Nakshatra can give an indication to get some form of immortality and or something to do with healing that leads to immortality.
It also gives power or craving to achieve things in a fast manner.
It also gives quick steps for going back and forth in walking; this can be one nature.
Ashwini rules all forms of transportation and fast travel.
Ride of Ashwani Kumar was the Golden Chariot
The influence of this star can make the native a soldier, a physician with marvelous power to heal.
Malefic influence on this star can leave the native, both deaf and blind.
Ashwini Nakshatra Female Characteristics
The Ashwini Nakshatra born females are-
- Compassionate, Sweet speech
- Social workers
- Pleasant, Fashionable and attractive
- Best healers and problem solvers.
- Independent and Career oriented
Ashwini Nakshatra Male Characteristics
The Ashwini Nakshatra born natives are-
- Pleasant and younger looks
- Well-built physique
- Bright and twinkling eyes
- Noble and Unstable career
- Great advisors and problem solvers
Ashwini Nakshatra Marriage Compatibility
As per the Marriage Astrology, we already know Ashwini Nakshatra is the first Nakshatra in the zodiac table. The people with their Moon or ascendant in Ashwini Nakshatra are characterized by certain personality traits. Based on their inherent qualities, the natives under influence of Ashwini Nakshatra look for the following qualities in their life partners:
- Energy, passion and excitement in life
- Love, care, innovation and creativity
- Confidence, loyalty and independence
- Wisdom and calmness of mind
- Mutual understanding
Marriage Compatibility of Ashwini Nakshatra with other Nakshatras
- The Most Compatible Nakshatra for Ashwini Nakshatra - Bharni Nakshatra for their equal level of energy, passion, emotional support and great understanding.
- The Least Compatible Nakshatra for Ashwini Nakshatra - Hasta Nakshatra for their dull passion, over possessiveness, ignorance and lack of emotional support.
- The most suitable match for Ashwini Nakshatra Males - Female natives of Ashwini Nakshatra, Pushya Nakshatra, Mrigshira Nakshatra and Shravana Nakshatra are the best match for Ashwini nakshatra male natives. However, the males born under Ashwini Nakshatra should avoid the natives born under Moola and Shatbhisha nakshatra.
- The most suitable match for Ashwini Nakshatra Females - Male natives born under Ashwini, Swati and Revati Nakshatra make for the most appropriate match for Ashwini Nakshatra women. However, they should avoid marrying Uttaraphalguni and Purvabhadrapada Nakshatra male natives.
Ashwini Nakshatra Female Married Life
- The female natives generally enjoy a good married life for their compassionate heart and sweet speech.
- They rarely offend their in-laws or life partner.
- They are confident and balanced to take wise decisions which avoid disparities in relations.
- They appreciate financial stability and serve as motivating pillars to their partners.
- If the spouse is too selfish to pay any attention to the philanthropic wishes, havoc may wreck off.
Ashwini Nakshatra Male Married Life
- The Ashwini males are highly energetic and restless people. They as symbolized by their Nakshatra are always in speed like that of a horse.
- They generally remain dissatisfied most of the time.
- They are strongly attached to their partner and when in love make for the most loving husbands.
- Mutual understanding is crucial in their marital relations else it may break in no time.
- They need a wise, compassionate and patient spouse to handle them.
Ashwini Nakshatra Pada
The Ashwini Nakshatra Rashi is Aries. Every Nakshatra has 4 padas and all of these 4 padas of Ashwini Nakshatra fall in the zodiac sign of Aries. Each pada spans for 3 degree 20 minutes constituting 13 degrees and 20 minutes for each nakshatra. Below is the description of the 4 padas of the Ashwini nakshatra-
Ashwini Pada 1 (Aries Navamsha - 0 degree to 3degree 20 minutes)
People born under the first pada have an oval face, moderate looks, slim physique and avg. length of arms and legs. They wish dominance and praises. They may go for inter-cast marriage and are always worried for their children.
Ashwini Pada 2 (Taurus Navamsha – 3 degree 20 minutes to 6 degree 40 minutes)
People born under the second pada are fair in complexion. They are handsome and take prompt actions. They have fondness for luxuries. They are highly ambitious and are cool headed with their daily routine.
Ashwini Pada 3 (Mercury Navamsha – 6 degree 40 minutes to 10 degrees 0 minutes)
People born under the third pada of Ashwini nakshatra are very social, communicative and entertaining people. They have some connection with fire or light. They are masters in literary fields and chose their words wisely.
Ashwini Pada 4 (Cancer Navamsha – 10 degrees 0 minutes to 13 degrees 20 minutes)
People born under the fourth pada generally look sad and have aggressive attitude. They have healing capacity, empathetic nature and soothing appearance.
Ashwini Nakshatra Native's Strength
- The physician of Gods being the deity of Ashwini Nakshatra, the natives born under it possess great knowledge of herbs and medicines.
- Divine power to remove physical as well as mental sufferings
- Great potential to work as a team, and hard work and alertness
- Swiftness and promptness in actions, and obedient
- Great advisers and problem solvers
Ashwini Nakshatra Native’s Weakness
- Anger, rigid and adamant
- Fickle mind and greedy
- Over expenditure
- Unstable career
- Problems in progeny
Ashwini Nakshatra Symbol
Ashwinau or Ashwini, in the ancient astrological texts have been depicted as a dual number signifying dual deity, i.e. two Ashwini kumars. In Ashwini constellation, three prominent stars form a shape of a head of a horse. The principal stars are known as Beta Arietis and Alpha Arietis. The ashwini nakshatra looks like heads of twin horses.
Famous Personalities Born in Ashwini Nakshatra
Names of some famous personalities born in this Nakshatra are: Pamela D Anderson, Bruce Lee, Yukta Mukhey ( Indian female with Miss World Crown), Sania Mirza, Salen Gomez & the list goes no.
Activation of Ashwini Nakshatra: Nadi Rule
24th year activates this year and also activates simultaneously, some on from past life visit as an animal OR health issues.
46th year, health issues, job issues and court cases.
62nd year, it implements itself
Above narration explains many new things about what is Ashwini Nakshatra. We can aptly apply the above rules to the horoscope to find extraordinary results concerning these Nakshatra. These are the generalised principles of Vedic Astrology. However to know the precise impact and effects of Ashwini Nakshatra , it is always better to consult an able astrologer.
Ashwini Nakshatra Specifications
- Nakshatra- Ashwini
- Nature- Hasty
- Class- Merchant
- Element- Earth
- Sex- Male
- Type- Progressive, Traditional, Conventional yet Modern
The deity of Ashwini Nakshatra is Ashwini Kumar who is considered to be the physician of the gods. According to mythology, Ashwini Kumars are considered to be twin brothers and through their medicine, they cured the deities and provided them with health. Therefore, it is considered auspicious to take medicine to get rid of any disease in Ashwini Nakshatra. Because Ashwini Nakshatra is related to Health Astrology so the people born in Ashwini Nakshatra could be very successful in the field of medicine.