Akshaya Tritiya 2021
Akshay Tritiya in 2021
Vaishakh Shukla Tritiya is popularly known as Akshaya Tritiya or Akha Teej. It is the most important festival of the Sanatan Dharma. On this day, whoever donates food and takes a bath in pure water and performs various rituals, becomes the one who cannot be destroyed. And this is the reason behind naming this festival 'Akshay Tritiya.' One could perform various holy work but without even looking for 'Panchang.' This festival is also known as 'Akhatji.' Written in the traditional and classic scriptures, from this day, only the beginning of 'SATYUG' and TRETAYUG' is marked. Any ritual, including 'Puja' or 'Taking bath in pure water,' will definitely be fruitful. That's why it is also known as Akshay Tritiya. Also, If the fast falls on Monday and Rohini Nakshatra, it is said to be very useful. On this day, the offering of rice, salt, ghee, sugar, vegetable, fruits, tamarind, and clothes is considered very important and fruitful.
We at Bajrangi Dhaam will be performing a small Pooja ritual and Akshay Tritiya celebration for selected followers & the overall prosperity of our large client base on 14th May, 2021 in the morning around 9.00 am.
Akshaya Tritiya Muhurta
1. In case Tritiya of Shukla Paksha in Vaishakh Month is in the morning, it is referred to as 'Prathamardha.'
2. Now, in case Tritiya Tithi appears for two days consecutively in the morning, then this festival is celebrated just the next day. However, this is also believed by a few people that this festival would only be celebrated if this particular date is three Muhurat or more from Sunrise.
3. On Tritithya Tithi, supposedly Rohini Nakshatra falls on either Monday or Wednesday; it is considered to be extremely beneficial and fruitful.
Akshay Tritiya's Importance
Performing any auspicious ritual appears to be extremely fruitful on this day. Everyone should donate food or clothes to the poor or needy; this will add to your good deeds. It is considered almost necessary for married people. By doing so, there has been a considerable escalation in your financial status. Just on this beautiful and auspicious day of Akshaya Tritiya, Donations must be made even for religious work. By doing this, even your wealth will get doubled.
1. This day of Akshaya Tritiya is one of the three and a half Muharatas that is considered to be most auspicious. Many of the great and optimistic work is done on this day
2. Taking a Bath on the Ganges is said to be auspicious as well. People who take Bath on the Ganges, on this day gets free from all sins
3. It is also believed that 'Pitra Shradh is also performed on this day. One must also donate Barley, Curd-Rice, and other food items, including milk products, to any Brahmin
4. On this day, it is a great time to perform 'Shradh' and 'Tarpan' in the name of your ancestor's or forefathers and that too at an early age
5. People also assume that buying Gold is advantageous on this day.
6. On this day, Parashurama and Hayagreeva epitomized.
7. Tretayug begins on this day.
8. The doors of Shri Badrinath Ji remain open throughout this day.
Akshaya Tritiya fast and worship method
1. On this day, one who keeps fasts and takes a bath will be purified and should wear yellow colored clothes.
2. At the temple, one must offer Basil (Tulsi) a garland of yellow flowers or a yellow flower after bathing Vishnu with Ganges water.
3. Light up incense sticks (Agarbatti), and sit on a yellow-colored seat and chant the holy mantras related to Vishnu, which includes (Vishnu Sahastranama, Vishnu Chalisa) and at last, read the Aarti of Vishnu.
4. On this day, feeding or offering to the poor in the name of Vishnu is especially ethical and good.
Note: If it is not possible to stay in fast throughout the day, then you can have sweet pudding, banana, and sweet yellow rice.
The reason behind the celebration of Akshaya Tritiya
There are many beliefs and thoughts about Akshaya Tritiya in Hinduism. Some of which are:
a) Lord Parashurama, who is the sixth incarnation of Lord Vishnu. Parshuram was born to Maharishi Jamadagni and Mata Renukadevi. Due to this reason, Lord Vishnu is also worshipped on the day of Akshay Tritiya. Along with that, even Parshuramji is also worshipped.
b) Mother Ganga disembarked from paradise. For ages, King Bhagiratha meditated for thousand years to descend Ganga to the earth. All the misconducts of human beings are destroyed by taking a dip in the holy Ganges, especially on this day
c) Mother Annapurna's birthday is also celebrated on this day. The poor are fed. Mother Annapurna blesses the taste of the food, and one must worship her to keep their kitchen fulfilled, and so she should be worshipped.
d) On the day of Akshaya Tritiya, Maharishi Ved Vyas Ji began writing Mahabharata. It is considered as the fifth Veda. The empowered Shrimad Bhagwat Gita is also included in this. On the day of Akshaya Tritiya, the 18th chapter of Srimad Bhagwat Gita should be recited.
e) In Bengal, the traders and businessmen begin their accounts by worshipping the almighty Lord Ganesha and Mata Lakhmiji. And so this day is also known as 'HALKHATA.'
f) Lord Shankarji suggested idealizing Lord Kuber and Mata Lakshmi on this day. After which, Mata Lakshmi is worshiped on the day of Akshaya Tritiya, and this custom continues till today.
g) On the day of Akshaya Tritiya, Pandava's son Yudhishthira also received the Akshaya Patra. The special thing about this is that it always has an abundance of food.
According to mythology, Nara-Narayana, Parashurama, and Hayagreeva were personified on this day. So according to few people, for the sake of Nar-Narayana, Parashurama, and Hayagreeva Ji, they give Sattu of barley or wheat, cucumber, and soaked gram dal as an offering.
Akshaya Tritiya Katha
The significance of Akshaya Tritiya was asked by Yudhishthira to Sri Krishna. Then Shri Krishna said, 'Rajan! This date is especially ethical. For anyone who performs rituals after taking Bath just before the afternoon, this will definitely be going to be fruitful. On this day, the one who takes a Bath, carols at home and donations, before midday is part of the Akshaya Punyafal. This day marks the beginning of the golden age.
A well-known story connected to this occasion is there- In old times, there was a Vaishya named Dharmadas who believed in integrity. His family was huge. So, he was always agitated. He found out the significance of fasting from a person. Later, when this festival was celebrated, he took a bath in the holy Ganges and methodically worshiped the almighty. There are numerous items like Ladoos, fan, water-filled jugs, barley, wheat, salt, Sattu, curd, rice, jaggery, Gold, and clothes to Brahmins. Even after declining a woman, being anxious about family members, and suffering from many illnesses due to old age, he was not discouraged from his devotional work and charity. This Vaishya became the king of Kushavati in his next birth. He was rich and handsome due to the outcome of donations of Akshaya Tritiya. His brain never diverged from religion, even when he was rich.
God Gives Vision
The doors of Shri Badrinarayan remain open on this day. Shri Banke Bihari Ji's temple is situated in Vrindavan, and only on this day, one gets to witness the feet of 'Shri Vigrah' or else on other days, they are wrapped in clothes for the whole year. On this day, Thakurs go to the door or put a picture of Badrinarayan Ji on the throne and give them the soaked gram dal and sugar candy. It is said that the personification of Lord Parashurama also took place on this day.
This specific festival appears to be charity oriented. The war of Mahabharata ended on this day, and the Dwapar Yuga had also ended on this day. 'Sattu' must be consumed on this day, and one should wear new clothes and jewelry. One must donate cow, land, gold vessel, etc., on the day of Akshaya Tritiya, is said to be eminently virtuous. According to the Panchang, this day is also the end of spring and the starting of summer. This day is also considered as the Mahaparva of donations. According to the Puranas, a person who does charity on this day finds a place in Vaikuntha Dham. Let's see what to donate on the day of Akshaya Tritiya: -
1. This day is considered auspicious for starting new jobs or any new project.
2. On this day, Lord Vishnu is offered Sattu, and it is given in Prasad.
3. The giving away of sesame, barley, and rice is specifically important on the day of Akshaya Tritiya.
4. On this day, offering new rice to Badrinath fulfills all the dreams.
5. On this day, giving honor and shraddha and performing a ritual in respect of forefathers or ancestors, one gets Akshaya Punya.
6. After filling two pitches of soil with water, putting it together in one pitcher and spleen in the other, these pitches should be worshiped in Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva Swaroop and be donated to Brahmins. By doing this, our forefathers bless us to fulfill all our desires.
7. On this day, the poor should donate rice, salt, ghee, fruits, clothes, confectionery, etc., and keep fast.
Must provide food to poor, helpless people on Akshaya Tritiya.
9. Donation of melon and Matki is also said to be meaningful on this day.
10. Ganga bathing has special importance on Akshaya Tritiya. By bathing on this day in the holy Ganges, eating barley, giving of barley, Sattu, all the sins of a human being are demolished. On this day, sandalwood or perfume is also applied to the idol of Lord Krishna.
11. Can do any auspicious and demanding functions
Could invest your time and effort in performing Pious Work
The significance and intensity of this festival can be measured as on this day one does not need to see an almanac; any auspicious events like marriage, Griha Pravesh, shopping or jewelry or buying a house, vehicle, etc., can be done. As mentioned in the Puranas that the giving made to their fathers and ancestors on this day give a renewable outcome. People bathe in the Ganges on this day because it is assumed all their sins are destroyed by worshiping God. It is also believed that if one confesses and asks for forgiveness from God, on this day, one will be blessed by the Almighty God.
Why is Gold bought on Akshaya Tritiya?
1. People often choose the day of Akshaya Tritiya to do any holy work, as one does not need to check out any Muhurat to do any auspicious work or buy something new. It is believed that this day is really different in the context of planets, and any work done on this day gives positive results.
2. It is also believed that if you buy Gold on this day, it brings everlasting fortune in your life; the auspicious results are with you and your whole family and close ones. The Gold bought on this day will continue to grow with all generations of your family.
3. Gold is included in the most valuable metal since Vedic times. Gold is not only a sign of wealth and prosperity, but it's worth also increases with time.
4. On this day only, the beams of the sun fall on the earth with intensity. Along with that, it is believed that buying Gold on this day is a symbol of strength as it is compared to the powerful sun's rays.
Things to do and not to do on Akshay Tritiya
Akshaya Tritiya is called Yugadi Tithi. This day is marked as the beginning of two Yugas and the ending of another. This day has given a lot of significance, as mentioned in the Vedic Texts and scriptures. So, on this day, devotees get together and bathe in large numbers on the holy rivers, ponds, and seas. It is believed that the holy Bath performed on this day eliminates even suffering sins and leads to a happy life. On the day of Akshaya Tritiya, performing rituals and dipping in the pure Ganges will help to get rid of sins and evilness within. This is marked as a great day to begin your work. However, there is certain work that one should not perform, especially on this day.
Things to do on Akshay Tritiya
According to the classic Traditional Beliefs, a Tarpan, Pind Daan, or any other kind of donations done for the fathers and ancestors on the day of Akshaya Tritiya ensures the Akshaya Phal. By doing so, one could attain the blessing of their Forefathers.
a) On this day, bathing in the Ganges or taking a bath in any holy river and worshiping the Bhagavat will eradicate all the evils and sins. Chanting Mantras performing, Tapa, Havan, Swadhyaya, and charity on this day of Akshaya Tritiya ensure Akshaya phal.
b) If this day comes on Monday and Rohini Nakshatra, then the fruits of Donation, chanting, this day becomes even more fruitful. If this date starts before Tritiya's Midday and lasts till Pradosh Kaal, then it is a perfect time. On this day, God forgives all sins. On the day of Akshaya Tritiya, Hathajodi can be demonstrated, and to invite Lakshmi's, one must indulge in Sadhana.
c) The person who donates on the Akshaya Tritiya gets a place in Vaikuntha Dham. So, it has been considered a huge cause of donations. On this day, after bathing in the Ganges, the person should donate barley; by doing this, all the sins of humans are destroyed.
d) On Akshaya Tritiya, the Donation and worship of Kalash provide Akshaya fruits. Donating this Kalash filled with water to the temple or to any needy gets the blessings of Brahma, Vishnu, and Mahesh. At the same time, fathers and ancestors also get fulfillment and peace of Navagraha.
e) According to religious beliefs, one should recite Shri Ramcharit Manas on Akshaya Tritiya. Also, one should read the story of Lord Vishnu's Dasavatara. On reading these, you get the outcome of the philosophy of sages and great saints.
f) You must put milk in the roots of 'Tulsi' on Akshaya Tritiya. The worship of Lord Vishnu is considered incomplete without Tulsi Patta. By doing this, one could get the extremely auspicious blessing of Lord Vishnu
Things not to do on this day
a) Akshaya Tritiya is a special coincidence; therefore, special care should be taken on this day for cleanliness. Keep the house clean, and even your Worship Room should be extremely neat and clean. Worshipping Srihari in clean clothes is said to be of great importance. It is forbidden to perform Upanayana Rites on this day. It is believed that this will get unholy results. Do not wear Janeyu for the first time on this day. Traveling on this day in some places is also considered not favorable. Buying a new house on Akshaya Tritiya is auspicious, but new construction work should not be started. Planting trees on this day is also not auspicious.
b) If any needy comes on the day of Akshaya Tritiya, do not let them leave empty-handed. Performing Donation on this day of Akshaya Tritiya is immensely fruitful and virtuous. The donations made on this day are renewable, i.e., it gives benefits for many births.
c) Akshaya Tritiya is a day of performing pious activities. Do not do any work on this day, which will hurt someone's heart. Also, speaking bitterly with someone is not considered good on any day. On this day, one should not just focus on selfish activities. If you hurt others, then Goddess Lakshmi will never bless you.
d) If the festival of Akshaya Tritiya is on Sunday, the Tulsi leaf should not be plucked on this day. To offer Tulsi to Lord Vishnu, pluck it a day before. On this day, Tulsi Puja is considered special.
e) It is told in the Bhavishya Purana that one should not perform Upanayana rites even on Akshaya Tritiya. On this day, for the first time, you should not wear Janeyu at all. It is considered inauspicious to do so.
You can read similar write-up on relevance of astrology in indian festivals for all other major Indian Festivals.