Purva Phalguni Nakshatra is the 11th of 27 Nakshatras in Vedic Astrology.
What is Purva Phalguni Nakshatra?
This is the first set with pair of Nakshatras. Purva Phalguni means the former reddish lady. It is a lady who has just reached adolescence, the age for sexual maturity (puberty). This Nakshatra also means this is a fertile lady who is ready to enjoy sexuality.
Phalguni is ‘Phal’ or fruits and ‘Guni’, which is deeds. So, the fruits of deeds or the fruits of the deeds of the previous birth or past life Karmas is the other literal meaning of Phalguni.
‘Purva’ is east and also known as the former. The symbol of Purva Phalguni Nakshatra is a cot or couch, which the marital conjugal bed. But it is the front two legs of the cot, whereas the Uttra Phalguni is associated with the hind two legs of the cot. Purva Phalguni Nakshatra denotes stability since it is related to the cot. The other symbol of this Nakshatra is a fireplace, which is a place to relax and enjoy.
The Auspiciousness of Purva Phalguni Nakshatra:
Both the Nakshatra’s i.e.the Purva Phalguni and Uttar Phalguni Nakshatras are very auspicious for marriage ceremonies. This is because both the Nakshatras are ruled by two Devatas (Gods) Bhaga and Aryaman which are associated with societal functions, familial ties and celebrating occasions.
This Nakshatra as appears from the name also is connected to Phalgun month, the month of colors, and coincides with the vernal equinox and the advent of spring.
Purva Phalguni Nakshatra and connection to arjuna:
This Nakshatra is a fertile Nakshatra for producing devotees. Arjuna was born when both the Phalguni’s were operating. (Arjuna was born when Purva Phalguni was operating, and within few minutes, the Uttar Phalguni starts operating, so it can be said that a person influences both the Nakshatra, as in the case of Arjuna). This Purva Phalguni Nakshatra was also called Arjuni, and Ajuna was also named as Phalguna.
More on Purva Phalguni Nakshatra:
Both the Nakshatra, Purva Phalguni, and Uttra Phalguni are associated with friendship and entertainment. Purva Phalguni Nakshatra is also called as a party Nakshatra. Purva Phalguni Nakshatra is a carefree Nakshatra.
Those who have a nice influence of this Nakshatra, their best pass times will be to attend parties and do social gatherings. These people have a very strong fondness or attraction towards the opposite sex.
Lord Shiva Married When Purva Phalguni Nakshatra Was Operating:
Lord Shiva started his marriage possessions under Purva Phalguni Nakshatra and, therefore, ‘Bhaga Devta’ (one of the twelve Adityas, also known as Vibhatya), the God of this Nakshatra protests marital happiness. The Devta (God) of Uttar Phalguni Nakshatra is ‘Aryaman Devta’ is the Matchmaker.
Deeper Meaning of Purva Phalguni Nakshatra:
A bed is a place for rejuvenation or relaxation. Many complex problems get solved when one is in a relaxed mode on the bed. Purva Phalguni Nakshatra people tend to solve many complex problems while in sleep or slumber. Therefore, this Purva Phalguni Nakshatra is problem-solving. Those under the influence of it may be good in research and could have a very nice thought process working for them. This Nakshatra is a star of a happy lover and romance.
A Theory To Be Applied On Purva Phalguni Nakshatra:
When malefic influence Purva Phalguni Nakshatra or Uttar Phalguni Nakshatra, then their bed, cot, or couch could have defective legs (crack or uneven). The front legs for Purva Phalguni Nakshatra and the hind legs for Uttra Phalguni Nakshatra.
How to use that analogy:
If we rectify the bed problem, the malic influence of that planet that effects the bed gets vanished, and there is an overall positivity in the chart.
Deity of Purva Phalguni Nakshatra:
The God of Purva Phalguni Nakshatra is Bhaga (Vibhagtar) also known as division, and therefore,
- it is connected to inheritance or legacies.
- Bhaga is a supporter of the union, and there is no limit to the generosity that ‘Bhaga’ gives.
- ‘Bhaga’ gives a boundless share of heredity knowledge, and it can also give detachments. This is because of the property of this Nakshatra, which believes in sharing and the phenomena of giving away of the creeps in.
- The natives of this Nakshatra graciously dispenses happiness to humanity through love and charity.
Purva Phalguni Nakshatra is an Ugra or fierce Nakshatra.
- The color associated with this Nakshatra is red. And this why when someone marries in India, the saree is generally red.
- Red also signifies fertility.
- The soil of mother earth is red, which is also fertility.
- Shiva Linga is also associated with this Nakshatra.
- You appease ‘Bhaga’ to bring good fortunes and happiness into your life.
Characterstics of Purva Phalguni Nakshatra:
- Natives of this Nakshatra are very materialistic.
- It is a preserving Nakshatra.
- Animal associated with this Nakshatra is a female rat. Whereas the animal related to Magha Nakshatra is a male rat. Therefore these two nakshatras i.e., Purva Phalguni Nakshatra and the Magha Nakshatras, are the natural partners.
An Important Analogy:
The tree associated with this Nakshatra is the Palash tree. If there is marital unhappiness in the family, then keeping a bark of the Palash tree in the house can do wonders.
Mythology Associated with Purva Phalguni Nakshatra:
Daksha Yagna Badha:
Daksha does not invite Shiva for the grand Yagna. But the daughter of Daksha, Sati, the wife Shiva, goes to the Yagna even without an invitation. Therefore, Prajapati Daksha humiliates Sati and cites Shiva as an outcast. As a result, Sati goes into a fury and jumps into the Agni. When Shiva comes to know about this, he plucks two strands of his hair through which Veerbhadra and Mahakali are born. They go to the Yagna and ransack the Yagna and also start butchering the demigods, and in the process, ‘Bhaga’ loses his eyes, ‘Savitur’ losing its hands and ‘Pushya’ losing his teeth.
How to use this analogy:
- The vision of these natives could be problematic for Purva Phalguni Nakshatra.
Themes of Purva Phalgun Nakshatra:
The natives of this Nakshatra will have the following themes:
- Blindly and visually impaired.
- Good progeny and become good parents.
- Crave for stimulation and sensual excitement.
- Irreverent behaviour and eccentricity.
- Large inheritance, Legacies, and properties.
Some famous personalities born in Purva Phalguni Nakshatra
Many people born in this Nakshatra who had above themes & characterstics have become world famous. To name a few of them are: P T Usha ( Padma Shree awardee Indian Athlete), Gulzar ( famous Indian Film maker & lyricist) , John F Kennedy, Dilip Kumar ( Indian bollywood legend), Rajiv Gandhi & so on.
Activation of Purva Phalguni Nakshatra as Per Nadis.
As per Nadis, this Nakshatra activates itself or other planets and houses at different ages. The ages are:
- First, it activates at the age of 24 years.
- It also activates at the age of 29 years.
- The third activation of this Nakshatra happens at the age of 37 years.
By activation is it meant that the planets which are stationed in this Nakshatra get activated in the mentioned age.
Readers are advised to use the above analogy in as many charts as possible and come to a judicial judgment after applying these analogies.
Also read similar insights about other Nakshatras –