10th house in Astrology & its significations are generally seen from 5 karkas( doers) namely Sun, Mars, Mercury, Jupiter & Sun. But to my knowledge, 10th house in astrology should be seen from some more karkas
namely, Venus, Moon, Rahu, and Ketu. Now let elaborate it with facts & logics. Each house has a Lord and to manage the affairs of different significations of that house, the Lord get assisted by a manager. This manager is the Doer or the Karaka in astrological terms. While on the one hand, few house lords have to manage their house issues with just a single karaka. On the other side there are few other houses lords which have multiple Karakas to handle different issues of that house. One such house is the 10th house in Astrology. People also call it 10th House of Profession and Earnings also. And this 10th house in Astrology has five Karakas/managers the duties of whom I shall discuss. But before that let us understand what the 10th house in Astrology , also the house of profession bestows to the native regarding professional life.
Significance of 10th house in Astrology: 10th house of Profession
What is significance of 10th House in Astrology? What aspects of human life are covered in 10th house in Horoscope. These are primarily related to the earnings and that is how 10th is known as house of profession. Let us enumerate the main aspects of human life covered in 10th House in Astrology. These are :
- Livelihood, Work, Employer,
- Master’s in Business, Boss, Appointment,
- Promotion, Occupation, Vocation,
- Kingdom, Government, Aristocracy,
- Rank, Status, Position of Authority,
- Public Esteem, Ruling powers,
- Respect, Honour, Command.
- Living abroad, Commerce,
- Trade, Business.
And the management of the above significations have been distributed to the five karakas in the fashion as described below:
Karkas of 10th House in Astrology
- Sun: This is the Karaka which signifies and manages the Rank, Status, prestige, and Hight of authority.
- Mars: This planet manages the Bravery, Chivalric and Leadership qualities as related to the 10th house.
- Mercury: This planet looks after Commerce, Trade, Voice and Intellectual qualities related to the 10th house.
- Jupiter: This planet looks after Knowledge, Discretion, Luck, and Glory as related to the 10th house.
- Saturn: This Karaka enjoins upon hard labour and toiling for success.
Now, we see that Venus, Moon, Rahu, and Ketu are barred from being the Karaka of the 10th house. Why probably because the qualities that these planets have were not considered essential for uplifting the significations of the 10th house in Astrology in the past. And that is where I say 10th House in Astrology has new Karkas also.
10th house in astrology – Some important traits
Sometimes we start feeling peculiar symptoms in our profession and earnings. Some of these symptoms are explained below. And that is when we should consider looking into our 10th house.
- When everything goes fine, but the individual earns no wealth from his / her profession?
- At times when native excels in his profession, but he does not feel comfortable and draws no pleasure from it?
- When after some time the individual does not like the profession he/she is in?
- Sometimes when one loses tastes to what professionally he does?
- What if the profession needs some elegance and aesthetic sense and he has nothing to offer?
Let me group these points as Group-1 points.
Now, let us consider this also:
- Do we not want the previous lives good deeds add up to my good fortunes and whatever I do in profession in this life?
- What if there is no tolerance of any sought?
- IF orthodoxy prevails and one is not after new techniques & updates in that profession?
- When the native is not able to work in his later part of life?
- What if someone wants to travel to work in Europe.
- Sometimes when the person is not liked and admired by the co-workers?
Allow me to group these points as Group-2 points
Now, let us consider a few more points:
- What if the native is not able to handle foreigners and non-Hindus properly?
- When the native is not diplomatic enough?
- Native is not able to deal with social unrest against him or the faculty he/she heads?
- How do we place the above traditional karakas to explain the job as a pilot and the likes?
Let me Group these points as Group-3
Now, let us consider the last set of points:
- The spiritual profession of a seer, Dharam Guru, etc, how the traditional karakas explain for that?
- A soldier in captivity of an enemy, but his family is well fed by the government he serves, can it be explained through the above traditional Karakas.
- The police officer, immigration officers, CBI, and other intelligence-related officers have a certain element of unexplained anger in their style, and even a faultless person wobbles when these people confront him/her. These people cannot excel without this behaviour, and this cannot be explained through the traditional karakas.
Now the significations that I explained in various sub-groups cannot be dealt or understood in totality by the traditional karakas of the 10th house. Therefore, one must see what the new karkas of 10th house to reach the true analysis of this house.
New Karkas of 10th house in Astrology.
Karkas of 10th house as explained above are the traditional karkas which one considers to analyse results of and from 10th House. But with the assistance of other planets ( new karkas) which were left, theoverall analysis of 10th house may get a suitable explanation.
If Venus is understood to be the Karaka of the 10th house of profession, the points in the group one could be duly explained and similarly Moon the Karaka for group 2, Rahu as the karaka for the third group and Ketu as the Karaka for the last group appropriately explains all the points mentioned above. With these Karkas coming into picture analysing 10th house in Astrology, we can explain some more significations. These are:
- A top police officer leaves his job for accomplishing some Dharma.
- The pilot is opening a casino.
- Say a soldier opts to become a merchant.
- One time businessman comes into philanthropy full time.
- A rag to riches story, where the Purva Punya comes to play.
After getting all planets (Shadowy or otherwise) as the karaka of the house, there has to be a specific rule to use them viz a viz the 10th house oin Astrology. My experience shows that the positioning of these Karaka in Dusthana to the 10th house is more dangerous to its significations than when they are in an enemy or debilitated house.
Out of the three Dusthana, the 6th or the third from the ascendant is an Upachaya house for the 10th house, so the placement of the Karaka here is not that bad, but it can have its demerits.
An exalted positioning of a Karaka in the eight (5th house) or 12th house(Ninth house) from the 10th house gives adverse results to its signification.
To conclude, sometimes we see some sudden changes in our profession, the source of earnings. That is the right time to consult an astrologer for the analysis of 10th house of profession. Here also the astrologer should not consider only traditional but the new Karkas of 10th house as explained above.
Some more related articles.