I have heard many proclaiming that they have a Gaja kesari Yoga in their horoscope but it did not blossom. Or to say give those results which this yoga proclaims. For all those who think so, I have written down this narration so that people may verify whether or not they have this Gaja Kesri Yoga or not.
Gaja is Elephant whereas Kesari is Lion in Sanskrit. It is said that a person born in this Yoga has an extraordinary ability to tear apart whatever and however stronger opposition and enemies one gets in his life. But this is one of the most misread and the confused Yoga one could encounter. This is because even the most revered of the astrologers pronounce the presence of this Yoga in a horoscope when they see a Moon simultaneously being in Kendra and also aspecting Jupiter.
How is GajaKesri Yoga formed? Effects,benefits of GajaKesri Yoga.
To explain what combinations form Gaja Kesari Yoga and what are effects and benefits on a person, I will explain all this in different sections of this blog. Here I would like to put forth a ‘Sholka’ of sage Parashar, which has also being reproduced by Baidyanath in his Jatak- Parijat.
Now, this squarely means that Moon in the Kendra to Jupiter leads to the formation of this Gaja Kesari Yoga. BUT simultaneously Venus, Jupiter or Mercury should also be aspecting Moon. And there should be no debilitated planet in the horoscope.
Combinations forming Gaja Kesari Yoga
- Jupiter is at 4, 7, or 10 houses from the Moon.
- Moon should have a full aspect of at least any one of these, Jupiter, Venus, or Mercury.
- The Moon should be strong.
- No planet in the horoscope should be debilitated.
- No planet should be combusted in the horoscope.
- The Moon should not be in the ascendant of the horoscope.
More planets among Jupiter, Venus and Mercury aspect Moon, the stronger is the Gaja kesari Yoga. Now, if we try to implement the above six postulates simultaneously on a horoscope, very few horoscopes would have this Yoga.
In my career spanning almost twenty years, I have seen very few horoscopes who fulfill all these conditions simultaneously.
Gaja Kesari Yoga – All conditions explained a bit more explicitly:
- Jupiter is at 4, 7, or 10 houses from the Moon; it means that Moon and Jupiter should not be in the same house. So, if Moon and Jupiter are in the same house, you do not have this Yoga.
- Moon should have a full aspect of at least any one of these, Jupiter, Venus, or Mercury: Full aspect means that either of Jupiter, Venus, or Mercury should be Samsaptam (1-7) to Moon, the more, the merrier.
- Moon should be strong: It means that Moon should be Paksha- Bali i.e., Sasthi (6th day from new moons day) of the Shukla Paksha to the Panchmi of the Krishna Paksha (5th day from the full Moon).
- No planet in the horoscope should be debilitated: This should be explicitly clear, even if there is a Neech Bhanga Dosha applicable to any planet then also the Yoga does not form.
- There should be no combusted planet in the horoscope: Every planet in the horoscope should be acting with all their dignity and not under the strict rule of the Sun.
Planetary combustion rule denying Gaja Kesari Yoga:
- When the Moon is under 12 degrees from Sun.
- Mars under 17 degrees from Sun combusts Mars.
- Mercury is combusted if it is under 14 degrees from Sun and 12 degrees if in retrograde motion. ( As soon as Mercury goes retrograde, the Gaja kesari Yoga gets busted).
- When Jupiter is under 11 degrees from the Sun, it leads to the combustion of Jupiter.
- Venus is combusted if it is under 10 degrees from Sun and 8 degrees if in retrograde motion. ( As soon as Venus goes retrograde, the Gaja kesari Yoga gets busted).
- Saturn is combusted if it is under 17 degrees from Sun.
- The Moon should not be in the ascendant of the horoscope: In the Chapter of Raj-Yoga in Saravali, there is explicit mention that Moon in Lagna is not good and is a deterrent of all Yogas.
So folks, not every Moon-Jupiter combination is a Gaja kesari Yoga. Therefore, please do not jump on to conclusions before verifying about the Gaja Kesari Yoga as per the above explanations & principles.
Other similar articles.