Chitra Nakshatra is the 14th Nakshatra from the 27 Nakshatras in Vedic Astrology.
What is Chitra Nakshatra?
What is Chitra Nakshara, what are its main themes, traits, mythologies behing it and its activation. We will explain all this in seperate paras below. Chitra Nakshatra is ruled by just Star just as Ardra Nakshatra and Swati Nakshatra. The symbol associated with Chitra Nakshatra is a bright shining gem or a pearl. A pearl takes birth when the oyster is under stress or stimulation. Likewise, a Chitra Nakshatra native performs best under pressure or state of turmoil. The natives of this Nakshatra are rough and unpolished, to begin with. However, with age or spiritual inclinations, these natives become mature just as a shining gem.
Deep secrets of Chitra Nakshatra
- This Nakshatra is also called as the star of opportunity. These natives can dive deep in the oceans to fetch the brightest pearl, which means in quest of the best of knowledge, they can dig deep.
- Chitra translates to a pretty picture. It is connected to movies and film pictures, and they shine just like a sparkling jewel.
- Chitra Nakshatra is the most mystical nakshatra which has deep spiritual inclinations. The natives of this Nakshatra can realize one’s true self. They often get a spark of intuition to do a great thing in life.
- Enigmatic and charismatic, enchanting and expressive eyes, well-proportioned body.
The deity of chitra nakshatra
The deity of Chitra Nakshatra is ‘Tvastar’ or Vishwakarma, the cosmic craftsman or cosmic architect.
Mythology of Chitra Nakshatra
Visaswan and Sharanyu:
Vivaswan or Vivaswat or Sun God married Sharanyu or Sanjana, the daughter of Vishwakarma. Unable to take the brilliance of the Sun, Sharanyu replaces herself with Chhaya and leaves for her father’s place. Sun realized after a while that he had been living with Chhaya and not his wife, Sharanyu. He goes to Vishwakarma to know about the whereabouts of Sharanyu
Vishwakarma informs that Sharanyu has gone to the forest, taking the form of a female horse for deep meditation. As Sun leaves Vishwakarma to meet his wife, Vishwakarma removes or chops of the rays or luster of the Sun so that Sharanyu could withstand him.
With the chopped off sunrays, Vishwakarma creates the Pinaka and Trishul of Shiva, the Sudarshan Chakra of Vishnu, the challis of the Soma, and the spear of Kartikeya.
Using this analogy
Vishwakarma is thus the designer of the weaponry of the Gods. He also the designer of the divine chariot or the space crafts for the Gods.
Vishwakarma was a great illusionist. He was the master of Maya and magic.
Chitra Nakshatra natives would be predominantly found choosing these professions:
- Jewelry designing
Second mythology of Chitra Nakshatra
Vishwakarma and Trishara:
Trishara was the son of Vishwakarma, born from a demonic mother. His tendency was very demonic. He was neither with the Gods nor with the demons.
Vishwakarma used to create nectar for Indra and the Gods. Indra had an apprehension that Vishwakarma might pass on the knowledge to the demons through Trishara. He, therefore, slays Trishara. This left Vishwvakarma furious. Now, Vishwakarma could not have defeated Indra, who was invincible. The only thing he could do was not to let Indra have the ‘Somras’ that he could only prepare. But, Indra barges into his house and drinks the ‘Somras’, which Vishwakarma in revenge had intoxicated.
How to use mythology of Chitra Nakshatra?
Chitra Nakshatra native-like Vishwakarma tends to take on powerful opponents.
Important point:- Chitra Nakshatra is a Mridu Nakshatra. They try to righteous activities and benefit from the good deed of the past life or past life karma.
Third mythology of Chitra Nakshatra
Vishwakarma and her daughter Chitrangana:
Vishwakarma’s daughter went to a forest along with her friends to have a bath. In the forest, Chitrangana found a charming prince. Both decided to get married. Father, Vishwakarma was against the marriage and said no. She goes against the wishes of her father and gets married to the prince. Vishwakarma curses her, and resulting she get drowned.
How to use this analogy:
Natives always have problems with their kids and especially the opposite sex. Father will have a problem with his daughter, whereas the mother will have issues with her son.
Vishwakarma and the Chamasa
An important aspect of Vishwakarma was to create the ‘Chamasa’ or the bowl through which the Gods would drink the Somras. Somras gained strength only when taken through ‘Chamasa’.
He is, therefore, the creator of vessels.
Other secrets of Chitra Nakshatra natives
Chitra Nakshatra natives are beauty detail-oriented.
- They have a keen sense of beauty; they are keen observers and have an impeccable ability to decorate the house.
- Chitra Nakshatra is a perfect homemaker.
- Natives of this Nakshatra possess dynamic charm
- Have a special affinity towards the opposite sex and can chit chat with anybody.
- They love flashy clothes, and they put very colorful clothing and jewelry. Because of the dressing sense, they stand out from the crowd.
- The natives of this Nakshatra desire to have beautiful children.
Key themes of Chitra Nakshatra
- High ego and self-centric.
- Skill and craftsmanship and make weapons.
- Certain decisions in their life get delayed.
- They do certain things in the last minutes and mess everything up.
- Designing Cars, a is their forte.
- Designer of jewelry, ornaments and is a Sculptor.
- Foot in mouth, speaking first without thinking.
- Fighting against strong opponents.
- Love of progeny and children.
Some famous personalities born in Chitra Nakshatra
Some of the world famous personalities born in this Nakshatra are Benajir Bhutto, Dr K N Rao ( famous Indian astrologer), George Bush Junior, Shashi Kapoor ( Indian Film actor). Another name is Chandra Shekhar ( Indian Prime Minister for a short tenure) who rose from a small farmer in Balia Bihar to the 2nd highest post in India.
Activation of Chitra Nakshatra as per Nadi rule :
The activation of this Nakshatra in the horoscope takes place in 3 ages as per Nadi Rule. These three ages are as below:
- Its first activation happens in the 5th year to give health issues or some issues related to animals.
- The second time it activates in the 32nd year, it activates the house it is in, and alongside it may give health issues or some other issues related to animals.
- Its third activation happens at the age of 69th Year. And it activates the house it is in.
Also, read similar insights about other Nakshatras –