Alcohol addiction, tendencies, drug addictions and such sedative habits are on the rise in the Society. Many take it as mandate or endorsement of modern society & others just fall into these habits. These are few temptations that once any one laps into it, it becomes difficult to come out. Indian Vedic Astrology provides sufficient grounds to identify the reasons of such Alcohol addiction, tendencies causing such sedative habits.
These symptoms of alcohol addiction & other drugs abuse can be identified at quite early stage reading some specific aspects of Horoscope. Needless to say alcohol addictions and such sedative habits can affect your personal relationships. And apart this make it difficult to focus on study or work. Many people have ruined their health, finances, relationships, and careers. Easy availibility of Alcohol is also a prudent factor leading to alcohol addiction to many. And it’s overconsumption can have serious adverse effects on health.
Can Vedic Astrology Help?
Yes, it can, provided you get your or your children’s horoscope analysed well in time. A detailed analysis of horoscope by an expert astrologer can reveal any probable indications of developing alcohol addictions, drug and such sedative habits. After general analysis, counseling, in addition to preventive remedies, as suggested by the expert, can save one from falling in the ditch of addiction.
Alcohol addiction – Astrological Indications
Probable thrust for alcohol addiction, alcoholic drinks may be indicated through the Moon, Venus, and the 2nd house of food and drinks and related habits in the birth chart. The 5th house of enjoyment and entertainment is also involved in many cases. All the three watery signs viz. Cancer, Scorpio, and Pisces may be involved in tendencies to misuse alcoholic drinks and develop cravings.
In regard to drug use and abuse, one needs to observe the planets Rahu, Saturn, Venus, and Mars. The houses involved are the 1st, 2nd, 6th, and 12th.
Among the zodiac signs, Scorpio is found to be involved in most matters of alcohol addiction and substance misuse. In many cases, Scorpio sign falling in the 3rd or 8th houses also lead to probability of such alcohol addition & other substance misuse. A conjunction of Venus with Rahu or Ketu can give substance abuse and later such addictions.
A favourable and well placed Jupiter in a birth chart can save one from substance abuse. A strong and good placement of Jupiter also helps in de-addiction.
In many horoscopes, afflicted or weak, Mercury is responsible for negative thinking and getting involved in self-destructive habits of substance misuse.
The Following indications are also observed in many birth charts
- The association of the 5th house with 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 6th along with Saturn, Venus, and Mars can cause excessive drinking and become alcoholic.
- Saturn falling in its own Nakshatras viz. Pushya, Anuradha or Uttra-bhadrapad is not as bad as when falling in the Nakshatras of the Sun (Kritika, Uttra-phalguni, Uttra-ashadha) or the Nakshatras of Mars (Mrigshira, Chitra, Dhanishtha)
- When Saturn falls in the signs of its enemies viz. the Sun, Moon, and Mars
- Saturn falling in the Nakshatras of Jupiter or Venus prevents one from forming a habit of drinking alcoholic drinks.
- Placement of Saturn in the Nakshatras of Mars can surely lead one to cravings for alcoholic drinks
- Mars is in the 6th, 8th, or 12th house also can give cravings for alcoholic drinks or other intoxicating substances.
- Troubling Venus or Saturn in the 3rd or 8th house in Scorpio sign can cause addiction
- If in a birth chart the Moon as Karaka (significator) of the mind is debilitated and afflicted due to Rahu, Saturn and Mars, then chances of drug misuse and addiction are there.
- Weak ascendant lord under afflictions of Rahu can lead one to substance misuse and addiction.
The Following astrological combinations (Yoga) also indicate Substance misuse and probability of addiction
(1) Sarpa Yoga: If in a birth chart, all the malefic planets viz. Saturn, Rahu, Ketu, and Mars occupy the square (Kendra) houses, lead to forming of Sarpa Yoga. As a result of this Yoga, the native is enjoyment seeking and has a cruel and tamsik nature, which can lead to substance misuse.
(2) Pishacha Grastha Yoga: Conjunction of Rahu with Moon in the birth chart with other malefic planets occupying the trine houses viz. 1st, 5th, or 9th houses also lead to formation of this this Pishacha Grastha Yoga. As a result of this Yoga, the native possess an evil spirit and under its influence indulge into alcohol addiction and other sedative habits.
(3) Matrugami Yoga: Conjunction of Moon or Venus with a malefic planet in any of the square (Kendra) houses viz. 1st, 4th, 7th, or 10th house leads to the formation of this Matrugami Yoga. Further placement of any malefic planet in 4th house makes this even more harmful. As a result of this malefic Yoga, the native may turns towards alcohol addiction other intoxicating substances and more so indulge in sex with other women.
Final but important Astrological advise
Prevention is better than cure applies here more significantly. It means if there is a family history or where elders are indulged in alcholic tendencies or similar sedative habit, it is all the more important that once gets the Horoscope checked. It should be done in the initial stage itself as we know once anyone gets into such habits, it is difficult to come out of it.