Role of 9th House
This House is known by several names such as "Bhagya' Bhava," "Dharma Bhava," House of luck, faith, religion. As per the South Indian tradition, the ninth House symbolizes the inheritance from the father. Here are some of the critical areas covered by the Ninth House.
What Does 9th House Means
Every house in your horoscope tells something about you and yourself. An excellent Vedic Astrologer can help you predict the different aspects of your life from the ninth house in your horoscope. Let’s understand the factors which can be seen from the ninth house of your horoscope. If there is any referral house in any pointer, it means an able Astrologer also sees that house along with the ninth house for better results.
- Good and bad luck; time of the rise of good luck. The referral house is the tenth House.
- Relations with paternal and maternal uncles/ aunts/ cousins. The referral houses are 3rd, 6th, and 12th.
- Relations with spouses of brothers/ sisters/ cousins. The referral house is 3rd.
- Ancestral inheritance, including that individually from father/ mother. The referral houses are 4th and 10th.
- Interference from within the family/ outside the family concerning ancestral inheritance through parents intact or with damage, sharing by a wrong person, reduction in it, or total loss. The referral houses are 3rd, 4th, 10th, 11th, and 12th house.
- Quarrels, fights, disputes, litigation, violence relating to inheritance from ancestors/ parents; consequences for self/ family. The referral houses are 6th, 7th, 8th, and 12th, sometimes 10th and 11th.
- Influence of inheritance from ancestors and parents on education, career, habits, nature, sociability, and life-in-general. The referral houses are 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th.
- Effect of inheritance on development of personality and effort in life. The referral houses are 1st and 3rd.
- Influence and contribution of brothers/ sisters/ cousins and their spouses on success or failure of the individual in education, the effectivity of effort, and career/ marriage and married life. The houses are 3rd, 5th, 7th, and 10th house.
- Harassment tortured physical injury to the spouse of self by brothers/ sisters/ cousins and their spouses; sometimes even leading to death, consequences for the victim for individual, for torturers, other family members not involved concerned in the matter. The referral houses are 2nd, 4th, 7th, 8th 12th.
- Relationship of mutual or one-sided affection, hatred aloofness, give and take the attitude, reciprocity with brothers and sisters/ half-brothers/ step-brothers/ sisters of self and spouse. The referral houses are 3rd, 4th, 10th, and 12th.
- Faith and devotion in religion/ spiritualism/ cult/ sect/ God Almighty/lower deities/ Congregation/ Unitarianism/ Cosmopolitanism; sometimes faith but no attendance at the religious place and no activity at home or any spiritual spot or gathering or a place of worship or prayers etc.
- Malicious use, misuse, exploitative use of religious faith/ doctrine for selfish or organisation purposes. The referral houses are 5th and 11th.
- Joining merely as a layman-follower or as a preacher or as an active worker or as an organizer of any religious sect/ cult/"path/ group/ formation/organization, while staying in family life or having given up the family life. The referral houses are 5th, 11th, and 12th.
- Ideals, principles, known or hidden activities of any religious or spiritual formation, organization, 'panth,' 'marg'/'math,' sect/ cult or religious group.
- Having once joined an organisation/'panth'/'marg'/ cult/ sect, formation or organization, after duly knowing or without knowing its ideals, principles, open or hidden activities, the individual's agreement or disagreement, participation or nonparticipation in the prescribed/ given/ adopted activities/ teachings/ preachings; consequences thereof for the individual and also for the organization/ formation, etc.
- Creation/ Establishment of a religious/ spiritual order/path '/marg organization, formation/ group, etc; its ideals and principles; other legal or illegal, social or unsocial activities under cover of that organization or formation, etc.; its impact on society and the individuals and their families; on the general neighborhood can be seen from this house.
- Creation of an educational/ social welfare/ medical welfare formation/organization/ group/ order/ association for the given ideals and principles; or other hidden activities under cover of that formation or organization.
- Working as an active participant/ active worker, paid or unpaid for No. 17 and 18 above.
- Giving or refusing financial or any other kind of concrete help or moral support to formation/organization mentioned at No. 17 and 18 above. The referral houses are 11th and 12th or 1st house.
- Working as a paid or honorary Head of formation/organization/ group mentioned at No. 17 and 18 above or as a Head of any public welfare or Public utility or Sectional Welfare/ Utility Institution such as school/ college/ hospital/ orphanage/ poor home/ Nari Niketan. These would be run by No. 17 and 18 mentioned above. The referral houses are 5th, 10th, 11th, and 12th houses.
- Favourable or adverse effect/ impact on the individual's social/ political/ personal image connected/ associated with professions mentioned in above pointers.
- Generous or miserly attitude towards public welfare/ educational/ medical/ welfare/ social welfare/ orphan and abandoned persons welfare/ charitable institutions/ bodies/ formations/ organizations in general.
- Generous or miserly attitude toward kith and kin, near or distant ones, whether oneself or the spouse. The referral houses are 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 12th houses.
- Renouncement of worldly life ("Grihastha life") and staying at one place/ Ashram/ own premises, secluded permanent cottage; or leading a constant nomadic life except four months of the rainy season, or nomadic life even during the rainy season. The referral houses are 1st, 4th, 5th, and 7th and sometimes12th house also.
- Individual's last wishes/ will/sermons and guidance for others for the post-renouncement period or the post-death period including brief etc., including the donation of eyes or kidney, last religious rites/ gifts/ charities/ contributions etc.
- Respect or disrespect, obedience or disobedience towards one's Gurus, Teachers, priests, preachers, and other elders in general.
- Partnership in business/ professional/ self-employment/ industrial venture or any other income-generating activity. The referral houses are 4th, 10th, and 11th.
- Criminal activity connected with kidnapping of children, girls, female and male youths, sometimes old and infirm persons for begging, prostitution, forced labor, disfiguring/ maiming or creating invalidity of the body for purposes of begging/ smuggling/ any criminal activity/ immoral activity with changed identity. The referral houses are 1st, 8th, 10th, 11th, or 12th house.
- Partnership in business/ industrial venture/ profession/self-employment with one's a spouse/ brother/ sister cousin of self or spouse, with other kith and kin of self and of a spouse whether near or distant ones; success or failure. All this might impact the mutual relationship's financial position. The referral houses are 4th, 7th, and sometimes also 10th, 11th, and 12th houses.
- Partnership with colleagues/ co-workers, friends (such partnerships typically for side or part-time business/ activity); financial implications and results; success or failure with impact on the relationship.
- Incest-type physical relationship or forced relationship of sex with brother/ sister/ cousin/ uncle/ aunt/ step-brother/ step-sister/ half-brother/ of self or of spouse, or with stepmother or step-father. The referral house is seventh.
- Extramarital relationship with the approval of or within the spouse's knowledge. The referral houses for above No. 32 and 33 above are 3rd, 5th, 7th, and 11th.
- Partition of inherited assets/ property moveable possessions; gain or loss in it, reactions. The referral houses are 2nd, 4th, and 12th.
- Abandonment total relinquishment, by self or family, of (rightful/bogus) rights/ claims to properties/ assets/titles/ privileges, decorations/ entitlements/ inheritance of any other kind or in favor of none or endorsement of the next person succession or acceptance of another claimant.
- Confiscation/ cancellation/ withdrawal by the authorities/ state/"giver' of moveable/ immovable property or assets; impact on social/ financial communal/ political status of self or the family, ultimate consequences for self and all other concerned. The referral houses are 4th, 10th, 11th, and sometimes also 1st and 2nd House.
- Gains and losses in political) social, communal/ collective activity. The referral houses are 4th, 10th, 11th, 12th, and sometimes also 7th House.
- Organising and running chit funds, kitty parties, savings circles, and other similar activities; success and failure. The referral houses are 10th, 11th, and 12th.
- Capacity/ competence or lack thereof in selecting candidates for employment for one's Establishment or representation of self, or selection or presentation on behalf of others including employers of self (governmental or private sector) or for friends or any organization, formation/ body.
Note: These houses are the factors of ninth house. It means, happenings of these events can be seen through ninth house. If needed, some astrological assistance can be given.
Continuation of the significance of the ninth house in Astrology
- Fulfilment or non-fulfillment of obligations related to No. 37 above, consequences, disputes, litigation, violence, sometimes murder or killing. The referral houses are 6th, 8th, 11th, and 12th house.
- Cheating/ fraud/ forgery falsehood/ lies in personality (referral houses 1st and 5th).
- Strain/ run-down in relations with mother, step-mother divorced or separated mother; disputes over property and assets; quarrels, litigation, violence; impact and consequences. The referral houses 4th, 7th, 11th, and 12th house.
- Second progeny, its education and upbringing. The referral is house 5th.
- Tendency and intentions to help and serve others without any motive, selfishness, reservation/ restriction of any kind, or caste/color/ community/ religion/ status. The referral houses are1st and 5th.
- Stipendiary or honorary appointment/ nomination/ election to Governing Body of school/ college/ university/ Institution running any Hospital or charitable formation or training institution, poor-home, Nari-Niketan, Legislative body, municipal bodies, and similar other organization/ formations. The referral houses are 1st and 10th.
- Touring/ repeated travels, inland/ foreign for education/ official/ social welfare/ religious/ spiritual/ charitable/ pilgrimage or any other purposes of self or related to the source of income or duties and responsibilities. The referral houses are 4th, 5th, 10th, 11th, and 12.
- Help and assistance or refusal to give it by the progeny of self in an excellent or impaired self-activity. The referral houses are 5th and 7th.
The information mentioned on this page is quite huge, and we have tried to include all the primary significance of the ninth house in astrology. If you need more information or need astrological guidance as you are going through all this, you can contact a Vedic Astrologer.
You may read more about 12 Astrology houses, Planets in astrology and Planetary transits and its effects.