Role of 8th House
The 8th house is known as the "Aayu Bhava" (House of Longevity). The eighth house is connected with the second and the seventh house.
What Does 8th House Means
Every house in Astrology plays significant role in one’s life. That’s why we have stated some major significance of eighth house in astrology. Below mentioned factors can be seen from the eight house. Some referral houses are mentioned in the pointers, which means that particular house is seen along with the eighth house for better predictions. Let’s understand its significance.
- The internal structure of the body's private parts (genitals), anus, liver, kidneys, urethra, fallopian tubes, ovaries, vaginal passage up to uterus, intestine, testicles, appendicitis, spleen, thighs, and joints issues can be seen from this house.
- Injuries, wounds, diseases are leading to invalidity or death.
- Diseases/illnesses related to the blood system (excluding the heart and its ancillaries) might occur. All kinds of fever, left eye of self or right eye of a spouse, typhoid, TB, small-pox, dysentery, diarrhea, piles, fistula in the region mentioned above. There are chances of venereal diseases, AIDS, conditions other than venereal diseases and AIDS (referral houses 6th and 7th).
- Contagious diseases, including those of the epidemic category.
- Chronic illnesses.
- Injury/fracture to a bone in any part of the body, including skull/ face/legs.
- Invalidity resulting from injury mentioned in No. 7 above.
- Cancer of any part of the body, but especially of genital organs and the uterus.
- Leprosy of any kind, plague, diseases generated by influenza, and bronchitis.
- Injury by fire, any gases, acid, fire, firearms of any size and category, cannon, the bomb of all types/varieties, electricity, chemicals, and inflammable items.
- Risk of injury or death from water, including sinking or drowning or injury inside water, water-oriented diseases, hydrophobia, injury by diving, etc.
- Poisoning of any kind, including by food, snake bite, rabies gangrene, sepsis, septicemia, morphine, ganja, bhang dhatura, in a sense any and every type of poison entering into the body or the blood system.
- Injury/wounds sustained/suffered by a fall from height; sometimes death caused thereby.
- Injury by rains, hail-storm, cyclone, snow-fall, avalanche, strong dusty winds, and wind-storm, hit by a glacier, current of dashing waves in sea or ocean.
- Injury by any means of transport, whether animal-driven (like bullock-cart, camel-driven cart, dog-driven sleigh, horse. driven tonga/ bungee) or carried by human beings (such as rickshaw and palanquin) or auto-vehicle (such as a motor car. lorry, bus, truck, scooter, pick-up van, container, crane, tractor. trolley, motor-cycle), passenger or goods train or rail bogies being shunted with or without an engine, single-engine or trolley running on rails, tram, a single animal used as transport such as horse, camel, pony, donkey, ass, elephant, yak, ox, buffalo.
- Injury by stone, rock, land-slide, bamboo-stick, knife, sword, piece of glass, sharp-edged or blunt iron/steel element, a block of ice, sharp-edged piece of snow, hail-storm, tree or branch of the tree, fruits of the tree, hitting by a flying bird (especially large-sized as a vulture, etc.).
- Injury caused by animals with horns/claws/nails/teeth/thorns, fish, crocodile, tortoise, animals under the water, including poisonous animals.
- Injury or risk to life in mines, exploring; digging operation, oil drilling, ammunition used in mines and explosives, explosion, an outbreak of fire; spread of germs/worms/insects a battle tactic; spreading of poisonous chemicals to kill population; earth-quake, the eruption of a volcano.
- Injury or death by a natural calamity like cloud-burst, lightning, and human-made disasters and killing devices leading to mass-death and injuries to many people.
Important things to remember before reaching on any conclusion.
While considering the possibility or post-event query about injuries and deaths due to causes listed above, special attention is to be provided to the 2nd house (which rules actual death), 6th house, which leads to enemy-action, diseases, and illnesses (caused naturally or by the enemy). The 7th house rules war, battles, fights, conflict with or without violence involved in it. The 12th house rules injuries mostly to the upper parts of the body sometimes lead to death or death as a punishment by court/ state/ military-rule/ dictatorship/ terrorist groups/ anarchists group/ smugglers gang/ mafia gang and others in due co-ordination with the study of the 8th house.The astrologer determines the period when the injury, disease, or death is likely to happen to the individual, its duration and intensity and chances of full or partial recovery and its due time, or no recovery with the help of the Vimshottari Mahadasa. The Antardasas and Pratyantar Dasas (main period/sub-period and pro-sub-periods) and with the use of the yearly chart = Varsh-Kundali (progressive chart) as also the transit of planets causing injury or death,
- Insults and miseries, quarrels, and hostility generated by insult or any defamation or boycott (referral houses 6, 9th, and 12th).
- Recovery or non-recovery of old dues (referral houses 2nd and 11th).
- Recovery or non-recovery and loss of money arising from a side business or secret/clandestine/contraband sources of income; if pressure/wild tactics are adopted for recovery, consequences thereof including gang-war.
- Gains and losses from card games, gambling of any kind, betting on horse races/bullfights/ buffalo fights, cricket matches or football or baseball, or tennis; betting at wrestling. Boxing-fights; financial consequences on self and sometimes on the family (referral houses 11th and 12th).
- Gains or losses from criminal acts, illegal transactions, trading in contraband goods/ controlled goods/ prohibited goods/smuggled goods; black market and profiteering; financial and legal consequences (referral houses 4th, 10th, 11th 12th).
- Acts of kidnapping for ransom/for revenge/for political bargaining/for securing the release of the culprit or accused and arrested person or prisoner or political detainee; consequences for the individuals/ kidnappers/ politicians/ bargainers etc., (referral houses 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th).
- Acts of kidnapping to influence legal process/ proceedings/ judgement; or to influence politics and diplomatic relations; or to influence any elections/ nomination for appointment or election assignment/ marriage/contract/ agreement/ deputation/ representation etc., (referral houses 4th, 7th, 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th).
- Any consequence mentioned above for the kidnappers, for the kidnapped person, for the kidnapped family/ group/ party (referral houses 6th, 7th, 10th, and 12th).
- Torture and death of the kidnapped person while in the kidnappers' custody or due to events after release from the kidnappers' clutches; sometimes death of one or more kidnappers (referral houses 2nd, 7th, 9th, and 12th).
- Sheltering of guilty persons, criminals, smugglers, kidnappers, and contraband traders, religious or communal refugees (referral houses 3rd, 4th, and 9th).
- Concealment and storage of contraband goods, everyday merchandise goods of high value on behalf of others without involvement in sale or purchase of the goods; consequences Concerning responsibility or legal implications for the custodian (referral houses 4th and 12th).
- Organising rallies, demonstrations, dharnas', picketing, gherao' etc. consequences for the organizer/followers/hired hoodlooms if everything goes on peacefully, or if there is violence, arson, loot, injuries, and deaths of public or of law and order personnel (referral houses 4th, 10th and 12th– sometimes also 2nd house).
- Religious or social or spiritual rallies, demonstrations, processions or meetings; peaceful functioning disturbed by rival groups; anti-social gangs, hoodlooms with the ulterior motive of looting, molesting or terrorizing or giving communal color to the disturbances/ riots (referral houses 4th, 9th, and 12th).
- Slogan-shouting, including an "in-house" agitational meeting through a demonstration by employees or ethnic groups of people against employers or residents in a high-rise or other building, etc. It includes consequences and sufferings for other unconcerned people/ residents; implications for the people against whom slogan-shouting or the demonstration is aimed. Consequences for the slogan-shouters and demonstrators without disturbing the peace or creating problems of law and order, or consequences if law and order machinery or hoodlooms make an appearance in the scene's processor (referral houses 4th, 7th, 9th, and 12th).
- Criminal acts like theft, dacoit, robbery, murderous attack, murder (intentional or non-intentional) consequences for self and the victims and their families and neighborhood/ society in general; (referral houses 2nd, 4'th, 11th, and 12th - Sometimes also 7th house).
- Injuries caused to others or self in the course of the commitment of acts mentioned in No. 37 above; consequences for self and sufferer.
- Rape and forced or consented sodomy; intentional and unintentional injuries or suffering in the process of the act to self or the victim (referral houses 7th and 12th).
- Unnatural acts with pets and animals; consequences on health and mind of self; legal implications if detected where the law of the land prohibits it (referral houses 4th, 6th, and 7th.
- Piracy of goods, literature, source material; consequences for the pirates and the sufferers of piracy acts; (referral houses 4th, 5th, 9th, 11th, and 12th).
- Writing under a pseudonym or any action under a pseudonym: using (rather piracy of) names of ancient writers, poets, authors experts in music/ medicines/ painting/ architecture, sculpture by way of adoption of their names or adoption of their works.
- Consequences would be on contemporaries and the coming generations due to this piracy of the ancients' names and works (referral houses 9th, 10th, and 11th).
- Different kinds of phobia, including that of water, river, sea, darkness, height as that of mountains/hills/high-rise buildings, valleys, road journeys by auto-vehicle, train journey (especially that across the water or on mountainous regions), riding a horse, camel/ elephant, phobia of rabies and dog-bite or jackal-bite; a dread of weapons including firearms; a phobia of poisonous snakes, reptiles and scorpions, lizards, etc.; a phobia of school-teachers; a phobia of police personnel or any person attired in police-type uniforms (referral houses 6th and 12 ).
- Nausea or any other allied illness is owing to phobia mentioned in No. 44 above (referral houses 6th and 12th).
- Phobia of hangman or operator of an electric chair or the shooting squad.
- Formation or organization of groups and gangs for criminal acts, arson, illegal/ anti-social/ rebellion, or anarchist activity.
- Usurpation of wealth/ assets/jewelry/ money/ literary production/ work or film or film-story of art any other creation earning fame for self or by the spouse or result of the spouse's effort (referral houses 4th, 6th and 7th also 10th and 11th).
- Loss of pregnancy, by natural causes or by lapse on the husband or the wife herself or by medical method (referral house 5th).
- Stillbirth (referral house 5th).
- Death of a child in childbirth, including the cesarean section in the ordinary course or by lapse on the surgeon/ doctor/ nurse/midwife/ untrained Dai (as in rural/tribal areas) (referral houses 5th and 12th).
- Loss/Death of spouse (referral houses 2nd and 7th).
- Poor performance in written test/ examination owing to slow or bad handwriting (referral houses 5th, 10th, and 12th).
- Rejection by the medical board for appointment or promotion to a high or higher post/assignment (referral houses 1st and 6th).
- Weak eyesight; use of spectacles or other aid; consequences in the job, work selection for appointment (referral houses 2nd, 10th, and 12th).
- Disease/illness of the eyes or injury to the eyes, leading to weakness in eyesight or ultimate or immediate blindness (referral houses 2nd, 6th, and 12th).
- Loss of money, bullion, jewelry, ornaments, loaned cash, or any valuable item given on loan (referral houses 2nd, 4th, and 12th).
- Unexpected and higher gains from investments, speculation, casino games, gambling, card games, kitty parties, betting on horses, and any other kind of betting; a windfall of money or inheritance/gift; higher perquisites; (referral houses 2nd, 4th, and 11th).
- Payments of out of recorded accounts, a part of the employer's payor perks, any lump sum gift or unaccounted string-less loan by the employers (referral houses 2nd, 4th, 10th, and 11th ).
- Sometimes under strain in an employer-employee relationship or on quitting the job, the question of recovery of any gift, lump-sum payment, interest-free loan, etc., arises (referral houses 2nd,4th,9th,10th, 11th, and 12th).
- Expenditure on religious/social/ educational/ charitable/spiritual causes and works for it; these include low homes, Nari Niketan, Night shelters for homeless males and females, hospitals, dispensaries training centers, Yoga-school the other piece of public utility or public welfare (referral houses 9th and 12th).
These are some of the negative implications that can be seen through eight house in your horoscope. For better and more precise prediction, you can consult with a Vedic astrologer.